12/28/2008

My 2009 Goals and Happy New Year Wishes!

Wow 1st a review on this last year..

I have accomplished more this year then I have any other year. I finally got my GED, quit drinking and smoking, I learned more about myself, got back on the path that I know to be right and I grew as a person. I still have a ways to go before I am where I want to be as a person... Even when I get to that place I am sure that I will have found something I wanna fix or better about myself. Thats the point of being here right..

Ok here goes

1~ I wanna be able to go threw the temple. I think I would like to try to do this by December 30, 2009. The reason I chose this day is because it already hold a special meaning. It will be 9 years earlier from that day that my family got sealed together for all time and eternity. Not all of them. Jory was sealed to us June 11, 2005. Jay will make it there when it is right for him.. I would like to try to go threw the Jordan River Temple. Again this is where I was sealed to my family. I can't wait till i have the ability to go to the temple. I remember the calm feeling and the right feeling I had there. I remember it was quiet and clean and peaceful. I was just a child at the time, but even then I knew it held some higher power and sacred blessing and I just can't wait!!

2~ I wanna be healthier than I am now.. I am not going to put a weight loss goal or a pant size on this. 1 because I am embarrassed to put that on here, and 2 because I have done that in the past. I have come to realize that all that does is set you up for failure. I plan on be healthier. I don care if that means I lose 10 pounds or 1000 pounds. Obviously I am exaggerating.

3~ I wanna start school. I don't have a cue what for.. I could even tell you really what I am interested in. I know I like kids and always have. I know that I wanna help. I know I wanna get away from food.. All I know is I am beginning to realizes that you have to have a college education to get somewhere. And I wanna go places.

4~ I need a new job. I have become entirely to comfortable with my job. It is on it last string..I think that I need to grow as well and having become comfortable I don't think it is working anymore.. So this one is kinda shaky but I know why. I hate the fact that I am comfortable and I know that it is time to move on. I don't wanna cause it will mess things up.. but maybe that is what i need?


Anyways I hope that you all have a happy and a wonderful New year! You all deserve the best!

4 comments:

Mallissa said...

Those are all very good resolutions! Im sure you will hit every one that you truly want to accomplish! Let me know if you need anything ever! You know im here for you!

The Stanley's said...

Tasheena, You are awesome!
I believe you will be whatever you dream of being and achieve every goal of your heart! I have always admired your perspective. It is one of optimism. You motivate me! I need motivating! I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas with your dear family.
I remember well that special day at the temple with your family. It was one of the highlights of my life.

laurel said...

Tasheena! Congrats on all your goals that you accomplished. Those are very hard to stop. Good luck on your new goals. I know you can do them too!!! Hang in there. You are a great girl. Tell your family hi.

Brittany said...

I remember when you were sealed to your family! Just reading about it again touched me! Thanks for your posts. Made me think about the goals i need to hit! Your gorgeous! love ya... Britt