7/27/2009

Man life stinks sometimes!

So tonight as i came home i was pulled into my parents room. They told me to sit down that they had something really important to tell me. The asked if I remembered Grandma Janice. I said yes and they informed me that she has cancer and it is not looking good. I haven't seen her in years YEARS! But I cried like a baby! I am going to miss her. Though I i have moved on from the point in my life when she was a constant, I can't tell you how much it tears me up inside! She was such a big part of my childhood! I have more good memories with her than i do my real grandmother. She is the person who got me into The Phantom of the Opera. She was the first person to introduce me to Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby! She introduced me to the art! Because of her I learned the beauty in dancing and music and so much more! Because of her I learned that it was OK to have a different outlook on things such as art. That it wasn't crazy to love Opera and Oldies. That the ballet is beautiful and that the world can be beautiful if you open your eyes and look at the beauty it posses! I am still very saddened to find out about it all! But it made me think of what I learned from her. The lessons she taught me. If only I had seen the things she had taught me and done a better job of seeing her. I am not one that regrets the things I have done in the past, but i regret that I didn't stay close to her. That I missed out on so many more things she could have taught me! I am glad that I know that I will get to see her again! That if i do things the way Jesus and Heavenly father want me to with a sincere heart I will get the go to where I am suppose to. I am grateful that I will see her again before she leaves here and I will be able to tell her that she made a huge impact on who i am today! I just hope that I don't cry all the way threw things. I can remember this one time she signed me up for ballet classes. She was going to take me to Salt Lake and we were going to go shopping for all the things i needed. But they canceled the class cause Me and here were the only 2 that signed up for it. Man I could have really used learning how to be graceful cause let face it, I am a klutz! lol

1 comment:

Mallissa said...

Awe Im so sorry to hear that Sheena! Sounds like shes taught you a lot of great things that you'll always remember her by. She sounds like a great woman!